
Eliot becomes attached to oh so many random things. When I say attached, I mean tears and drama when he has to part with them. Take today. Eliot has been collecting rocks and sticks for awhile. Daddy suggested that it was time to clean out that corner by our front door before things start growing in there. Eliot was allowed to keep 5 rocks and 5 sticks. He then needed to say goodbye to the others. It was deeply painful for him. He kissed each individual rock and stick goodbye and the tears and body trembling came.
The next photos are of Eliot cleaning out his cat cage. This is where he keeps all of his random papers and drawings. Jared had him put things in categories of 1. Can be recycled. 2. Must be photographed before recycling. 3. I can't possibly part with. I spent a long time that day photographing pictures. I don't remember, but I honestly don't think anything ended up in pile 1.
I am not sure where he gets this. Maybe it starts with Grandma Raynor. Because Eliot does feel like someday each item will have a purpose and thus it is worth holding onto it. The randomness in usage is shown with the keeping of a previous month's calendar. Or this classic - I still have no idea where Eliot's exposure to guns has come from - but this is Eliot's safety manual on how to use a gun properly. Sadly though Eliot did not inherit any of Grandma Raynor's amazing organizational skills. And where you might ask does the drama come from? Well, I will just leave that to mystery.September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 March 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 November 2012 March 2013