Eliot & Benjamin

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

 

It's been awhile, introducing Filini

Sorry to have been so neglectful for awhile. Where do I possibly begin? So not to overwhelm myself, I will simply start with this week. One of my most favorite Eliot interactions happened this week. He was decorating a box I had received some mail in. I asked him what he was doing. "Making a box for Filini, it's sad, she's moving away." Well this is all news to me, first of all, who is Filini??? After some questioning, this is what I learned. Man I love this kid's mind!! Filini is the babysitter who comes to watch Eliot's babies (he has 5, an Okapi, a dog, a panda bear, a black bear, a brown bear and a monkey -- he is their boy mommy, another fabulous, but different conversation). So Filini comes to watch his babies when Eliot goes to school. Sadly she is now moving to Africa. She is going to be doing two things there. She is going to be the babysitter for African babies AND she is going to be an animal rescuer (probably akin to Diego). She is also going to meet up with his Okapi's daddy and his monkey's daddy and bring them back for visits. We actually helped Filini move tonight. Eliot took us in his fire engine to her house. Then he introduced us and we started moving boxes (onto an empty couch because the pillows were used in the construction of the fire engine). This is Eliot and Filini on her moving truck. If you can't tell Eliot has his arm around some space - that is where Filini is. It was fabulous he talked for her, had conversations with her (where he was the voice for both himself and her). But then when I was taking a photo he said "Mommy, you know Filini is pretend, right?" The next big news of the week is Ben has moved to a toddler bed. A fabulous fire truck bed that comes up on the sides so he still feels a bit like a crib. I bless the glorious name of craigslist when I can find stuff like this at prices I can afford. The boys put all of their stuffed animals onto the fire engine and thought it would be funny to bury themselves. Can you find Eliot? And that's it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   November 2012   March 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?